Company Profile – 2016
The BAFOKENG Hydraulics Ltd Company in Chingola is a JV between Bafokeng Hydraulics RSA and the Lusanga Group Companies. The facility commenced operations on December 2012.
Bafokeng has invested heavily in all the major chrome stock for +/-95% of the in country mining equipment requirements. Should a requirement beyond our stock holding present itself, then specific components will be shipped to our RSA facility for this. The service exchange program will cater for this.
A Sunnen CNC honing and polishing machine capable of honing barrels up to 4100mm in length has been expertly installed and commissioned by the OEM’s representative for Africa. It is BAFOKENG Hydraulics standard practise that all repairs and new cylinder manufacturing undergo honing/polishing. This will ensure that every cylinder repair and or manufacture will be of the highest possible quality, and clients will thereby achieve optimum lifespan of their components.
The BAFOKENG Hydraulics (RSA) ISO 9001 Quality Assurance System will apply to all repair and manufacturing operations, along with guaranteed traceability to ensure the highest possible standards and procedures set out by BAFOKENG Hydraulics (RSA) are adhered to. Qualified and experienced personnel have been transferred from BAFOKENG Hydraulics South Africa and are permanently stationed within the Zambian operations.
All incoming components will be subject to rigorous failure analysis by these experienced and qualified personnel, and a full Failure Analysis Report will be presented to the client, detailing the exact cause of failure of the component, this information will also contain the repair costs, and a price for a newly manufactured cylinder. Currently BAFOKENG Hydraulics has a database containing detailed manufacturer drawings of over 200 cylinders from major OEM’s, which enables Bafokeng to manufacture without a sample at hand.
BAFOKENG Hydraulics is confident in its ability to develop cost effective and sustainable relationships with our clients.
BAFOKENG Hydraulics has recently finished its Hard Chrome Plating facility, along with Grindings and polishing capabilities which is the largest in Central Africa, our tanks can handle up to 8.5m in length, and are temperature controlled to give unrivalled quality of Chrome required in the Mining industries heavy workload environments.
Optimum temperature for plating to the required hardness levels 900-1100 VPHN is critical, to ideal required temperature range to achieve this hardness levels is 55°C to 58°C. If the temperature is increased or decreased below the optimum range the hardness decreases.
Effects of incorrect Chroming temperatures have the appearance plating is carried out at higher temperature more than 58 degree is rough, and subsequently below 55 degree it is milky finish.
BAFOKENG Hydraulics have a fully automated temperature control system in place with heater elements and Cooling tower, to ensure optimum plating is being carried out by the plating staff. Any deviation from the strict operating conditions will set off Control alarms to enable the plating staff to rectify the cause of the issue immediately. BAFOKENG Hydraulics has strict procedures in our Chroming facility, and Clients can be assured that their chroming will be at the highest quality achievable at a world class facility.
BAFOKENG Hydraulics is dedicated to hydraulic repair quality, and as such, has arranged for the inclusion of a dust free assembly room in the facility. This will ensure ISO 9001 standards are adhered to for any repair from the new facility; this will be available mid 2015.
BAFOKENG Hydraulics RSA with its vast experience in the industry has over an extensive period, built up a wide range of hydraulic cylinder manufacturing drawing through it’s in-house qualified drafting department to allow BAFOKENG Hydraulics Ltd the ability to ensure all cylinder are brought back to the original parts manufacture’s (OPM), and/or the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) specifications
- Cylinder Repairs and Manufacture
- Up to 8,000mm lengths
- Up to 1000mm Diameter
- Bafokeng Hydraulics RSA – Return and Repair Capabilities for large cylinders 1,200mm Dia – 12,000mm lengths
- Grinding and Re-Chroming facility
- Service Exchange Optional for Contract Clients
- Pump Supply
- New Pump Supply – Metaris Zambian Sole distributor,
- Rexroth Equivalent A10V series
- Gear Pumps
- Coded Welding certified personnel
- Collection and delivery of cylinders
- Design and Construction of Hydraulic power packs
- New Pump Supply – Metaris Zambian Sole distributor,
BAFOKENG Hydraulics Ltd is available to discuss the modalities of the aforementioned services to suit individual client requirements. Should you need to contact the Bafokeng Hydraulics Manager, Mr Craig Wagner his details are as follows; cell: 0965 851 283
Machinery & Workshop Equipment
- 1 x 2 meter bed conventional Lathe
- 1 x 4 meter bed conventional Lathe
- 1 x 8 meter bed conventional Lathe
- 1 x 1 meter bed conventional Lathe
- 1 x Radial Arm Drill
- 1 x 3m Grinding machine
- 1 x Milling Machine
- 1 x Sunnen CNC honing machine (4100mm)
- 1 x Testing unit 250 bar capability
- 1 x 30 Tn Hydraulic Load Test Bench
- 1 x 100 tonne Hydraulic Press
- 1 x 2.5tn Forklift
- 1 x 7 tn Forklift
- C02, Arc, and TIG Welding machines
- 2 x Rotary Welding Bench
- Ventilated Spray Booth
- Stripping and Cleaning Bay – Environmentally compliant (oil separators)
- Large range of stock material to manufacture new cylinders
- Large range of replacement seals & bearings
- Assorted hand tools to enable stripping and assembly of hydraulic cylinders
- Precision measuring equipment (Roughness tester, Chrome thickness, Rockwell hardness tester)
- Bonded Warehouse Facility and in house Clearing capabilities
- Non Destructive testing – Magnetic Particle Inspection
Hard Chrome Plating Facility & Equipment
- Hard Chroming Plant (4.5m Deep tanks) including Caustic Soda Stripping Tanks
- Cooling tower and Heating Elements for Temperature Controlled Hard Chroming
- Automatic digital Temperature Control system with sirens/Beacon to alert Staff of temperature parameter issues.
- Ultrasonic Hardness tester – Rockwell/Vickers to ensure chrome quality
- Chrome thickness tester
- Roughness Testing Ra/Rz equipment
- Grinding machine 3m between centres
- Dedicated Polishing Lathe equipment
- 1 x linishing machine 8m
- 1 x linishing machine 2.5m